Monday, March 3, 2008

Please, take this personally

I have a few goals this year (not resolutions) but what I didn't officially add was to make my friendships more thoughtful and personal. It's such a small thing to some, but I plan to:

1) be more organized with birthdays and anniversary dates. Seriously, I never remember anniversaries of my own relationships and a few years ago I almost forgot my own birthday...so you can imagine how many of my friends' info I remember.
and

2) take the time to send personal messages. I love getting e-mails from friends, but there's nothing like a good ol' fashioned letter or card. Nothing can top a 41 cent little gift that speaks volumes by just saying, "Hello, good friend! I was thinking about you." It's a lost art and since I love stationary - I'm bringing it back!

How do I plan to achieve these added goals?

Well, I bought yet another daytimer/planner with high hopes of actually using it for more than a week. So far I've left it either in my car or on my dresser 4 out of the 10 days since purchase. Whatever. I'll use this thing....not like last time...or the time before...or...shut up.
One item I've managed to somewhat keep up with is an address book. But since so many of us are still in that point in our lives where we move around, I'm pretty positive every address I have is out of date.

So, no pressure but if you'd like to share your info, please send me your birthday, any anniversaries, and current address. I will promptly put your info in my planner and address book.

No comments: