Monday, January 14, 2008

If you want something done right...

I've read a half dozen books lately that I realize about 150 pages in that they are a complete waste....but then I'm already 150 pages in - why not finish the book and get a much better one next time?

But it seems like I'm in a never ending cycle of finding a really great book and then 4 terrible books. Then I find a fantastic writer, I read all of his/her books, and 5 more terrible books looking for another great author.

So I've decided to pick up writing again. When I was a kid I used to write short stories and thought one day I'd get published (on the frig). It was fun and I wrote what I wanted to read.

I'm looking for something creative, whimsical, mysterious and timeless. I think I'm going to have to write it myself. Not for anyone else to read or in an attempt to get published, but to find everything I love about a really book. The kind of book you can curl up with a glass of wine, a blanket, soft music, and really enjoy.

Watch out Dan Brown and Lauren Weisberger!

No comments: