Saturday, February 16, 2008

You can't be serious...

Geez, I haven't written a blog in a while. Mostly because the week I posted the blog about work/life balance, I had to work that weekend and every weekend since, not to mention staying until 7 or 8 every week night. Screw work/life balance, right?

Anyway, tonight I had a recently rare opportunity to go out on a date. I met a guy last weekend at a friend's party - younger (25), but I thought could be entertaining at least.

He lives in Fort Worth and I live in Dallas, so we met in the middle. The date wasn't as awkward as I was expecting. Dinner didn't run out of conversation as quickly as I assumed, the standard "smile and nod" seemed to be working, and we even hung out for a couple hours after dinner playing pool and driving around downtown. I wouldn't say we clicked, but it wasn't the worst date I've been on.

So then I was on my way home when I got this text from him:
"Hey since I took you out, can I get some free fossil stuff? ;-) "

Well, as some of you may know, I have a bit of a temper and an especially short fuse when it comes to stupid boys. This was no exception.

But rather than going with my gut of driving back to Fort Worth just to bitch slap him, or responding with something to the effect of "You should count your lucky friggin stars you even got to take me out"... I've decided silence is deafening.

I will pretend he was joking and chalk it up to a really poor (and early) attempt at humor. Lucky for both of us, I will not be speaking with him again for figure it out.

Seriously - who says that??

No comments: