Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ode to the CHI

You've heard the expression that dogs are man's best friend, and diamonds are the woman's best friend. But there is nothing quite like the bond between a woman and her flat iron.

I still remember the day I bought mine. It was a sunny, but cool summer day in Los Angeles. Jessica and I were shopping at some of the boutiques around town. We stumbled in to a beauty supply store. Little did I know that chance meeting would change my life.

There, on the top shelf, almost out of sight was the CHI. Yes, the CHI. The shop owner let me hold it for a bit, and after a while even offered to let me take it home for a special price.

For two years the CHI has given me flawless, straight, non-frizzy hair. It's seen me through long blond hair, short blond hair, and even the recent various shades of dark.

Over the past 3 months, CHI hasn't been feeling well. I've had to go so far as to rig the cord with duct tape so it turns on, but it still works hard for me.

I'm sad to announce that 6:00pm Saturday night, the CHI blipped its last blip of red "on light." Though I already have a temporary replacement, nothing will burn my hair in to submission quite like the CHI.

CHI, you will be missed.

No comments: