Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Are you wearing my heels?

I try to stay away from stereotypes, politics, fanatical obsessions. I went to Texas A&M for just about 4 years and for the most part resisted the brain washing that every school sucks but ours. For example, though the University of Texas will forever be t.u. I only recently started wearing orange or rust colors. (Though some people from A&M have threatened to cut me out of their lives for such offenses.)

However, there are a few jokes about the other school I find too funny to ignore. (especially as the proud recipient as the "F@g Hag 2004" tiara) Tonight at dinner, we saw something that absolutely fit the stereotypes.

A husband and wife were sitting on the patio with their toddler son. Mom blended in, probably wouldn't notice her except I thought her husband was either her hair dresser or coming out of the closet any day now. The saddest thing, is that their son was wearing head to toe Longhorn basketball stuff. As he's sucking his pacifier, he decided that he wanted to wear mom's heels. As mom and dad talked (and ignored their wandering son), mom slipped off her shoes and the toddler put them on one by one.

The son walked around the patio in mom's heels, neither parent objecting or paying attention.

Are the parents brainwashing him to be a fit for t.u.? Should I call child protective services so Johnny doesn't walk in the street wearing heels on his way to t.u.?

Or should I keep in touch with them so eventually I can borrow their son's shoes?

No comments: