Thursday, August 9, 2007

Corporate Challenge 2007

Ah, yes. The smell of dirty gym socks, sweaty fat men, and out of shape cubicle monkeys attempting pitiful feats of athleticism.

Must be Corporate Challenge time!

We will be competing with other Richardson based companies for the coveted trophy. It benefits Special Olympics and draws a pretty good crowd.

This year I'm once again playing volleyball, and picked up a new "sport" called the Great Walk and a fancy Team Captain title (be jealous).

Tonight was our first volleyball practice. Now, as I've mentioned before, I've been working out a lot lately. Even had a personal trainer to kick me in to shape.

But I was sad to realize that I'm grossly out of volleyball shape. After the first hour, my forearms are swollen and tender. I can't lift my right arm from all the serving. I think I threw my back out trying to spike.

MB will be training from now until our game in October….but I might need friends to visit me in the hospital at this rate.

http://www.cor.net/CC/Homepage.html

No comments: