Sunday, July 1, 2007

I hate politics

I hate politics. So much so that I avoid TV at all costs during election seasons. But I can't seem to avoid them this year.

From March - June, North Texans were pounded with campaign propaganda for Dallas mayor. Mayor? Since when was that a position that required countless fundraisers, smear campaigns, invading our St. Patty's parade, billboards, and back to back commercials?

I've been trying to avoid coverage of the democratic race on TV. But this morning Good Morning America aired a story that pissed me off to a new level. They were praising Barack Obama for passing Hillary's fundraising totals for this Quarter. See the break out below:

Barack Obama $31 mil

Hillary Clinton $21 mil

John Edwards $9 mil



So let me get this straight - they've raised MILLIONS just so they can run a campaign to try to convince me to vote for them? Yet we have people that don't have a roof over their head, food on their table, and a high school education - and we're excited about the campaign funds reaching an all time high?

It's a good thing it's all about the platform and the people.

True, may have it pretty good compared to other countries. But it still makes me crazy knowing that they're spending millions so I'll be hearing more of this for another year and others go without basic needs.


http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Story?id=3336526&page=1

No comments: