Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Checking in on my 2007 Goals

Some of y'all might remember that on Jan. 1, I posted my 2007 goals (not resolutions). I hate resolutions because the are cliche and like 98% of the population, I break resolutions but I keep goals. So it's a little late, but here's my mid year check in.


2007 Goals (not resolutions!):


1. Make lifestyle changes, including but not limited to:

-active lifestyle

-move church membership to a church in town


2. Pay off big portion of debt


3. Start savings for a house


Mid Year Check-Up:


1. I have made progress with lifestyle changes, but I'm not where I want to be yet.

I definitely have more of an active lifestyle. I work out, I've lost weight, and I've been making an effort to find more to do in Dallas than just go out for drinks or dinner. But I'd like to play volleyball again. I played in a bar league in Kentucky and I miss it! We haven't been dancing in a while, even though we talk about it every weekend.

I have not found a home church. I've been going with my folks when I'm in town, but it's not a church I want to join. My membership is still officially in Kentucky.

2. I have paid off credit cards and a few other debts. I have started to make a dent in my student loans and the 1 remaining credit card.

Also, I haven't put myself further in to debt. I'm getting smarter with my money, I actually started using Quicken, and I don't shop nearly as much. It helps being out of the mall. Working in a store was just too tempting!

3. I'm not on my way to saving for a house, but I've been able to save money for more important things than a trip to the mall or drinks out with friends. I took a trip to visit my sister, Stephanie and I are going to Mexico in a week, I've had some quick weekend trips to Houston and Austin, and I'm going to Boston for Thanksgiving.

All in all, I'd say I'm doing pretty well this year!

No comments: