Thursday, May 31, 2007

I got stood up

I had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend that was full of friends, family, drinks, and lots of food. Since I splurged so much over the weekend, I've been tired and feeling disgusted with myself all week. So I was really looking forward to my session with my personal trainer today.

Today, I was going to be a trooper. I vowed that this time I was not going to whine, beg for mercy, or complain on the 85th set of lunges that my legs are tired. I was even prepared to run.

Anyone who knows me knows I only run if:
1. I'm running from something or,
2. I'm running toward food

I was going to walk in to the torture chamber Cory likes to call "The Gym" and take it like a champ.

But he never showed. Have I really scared him off? I wonder if he finally lost all hope that I'll ever be in shape. He's been working with me for 6 months now and I still won't run a mile without bringing the portable defibrillator "just in case."

(To be fair, last time we went running, we got lost and ended up about 3 miles away from the car.)

But I think my time with Cory may have ended at a good time. I was going to break up with him anyway so I can save more money. But I didn't even get to say goodbye.

So thank you Cory! We had some good times...

....or you had some good times laughing at me while I threatened to cry in the middle of the weight room if you made me do one more set....

...Whatever.

No comments: