Friday, November 10, 2006

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the Fossil store in the Fayette Mall.

I can't believe that we've been open for a year! When I first moved here, the new wing of the mall wasn't even finished yet, now it's crowded with shoppers.

This is my first experience opening a store and growing it from scratch. I'm still amazed that they trusted me with this job. After 4 months as an assistant, they threw me into a new state where no one had heard of Fossil watches much less the clothes, and I was the only manager who had to hire an entire staff. *gulp*

I interviewed the original crew right outside our doors. Nick Evans was my first hire, and Ashley was my first manager hire. We opened the store with a staff that new only a little bit about the company, but had the passion to make up for the rest. Somehow Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," turned into the unofficial theme song.

It's been fun to see us grow up with the store. Jesse has moved on to the banking industry, Adam is in Chicago for a year, Cato is a manager at another store, and Dana is practically running a bank, Heather and Sarah are anxious to be managers, Ashley has grown from a part time key holder to store manager, and I'm moving back to the corporate office.

I've learned a lot from this store and our people this year. So many memories, so many stories. As Ashley takes the reigns officially today, I can only hope she has a similar experience.

Happy Anniversary Fay Fay! We don't play….okaay?

No comments: