Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"800-Contacts" is losing a customer

I have worn glasses since I was in second grade. My first pair was pink plastic with a Smurf on the sides. In 7th grade my parents let me use contact lenses. Since my eyes were so bad and only getting worse, my doctor recommended hard (gas permeable) lenses. In 2008 I switched to disposable soft lenses for comfort.

I don’t know why, but it hadn’t crossed my mind to get LASIK. Perhaps because it is elective and I thought I would be too expensive. (and let me tell you, it ain’t cheap!!)

My boyfriend, though he says I’m adorable in glasses, was the one who convinced me to do it. From his perspective, if the technology exists and I can afford it, why wouldn’t I want to be able to see? When put like that I couldn’t come up with a very good reason! So, I shopped around, decided on Key Whitman, and put some money in Flex Spending.

Friday, July 9, 2010 I am getting LASIK!

I have to go without contacts for 3 days before the surgery so yesterday was the last day I will ever wear contact lenses. When I took my contacts out, I still cleaned them and put them in their case. I’ve relied on glasses and contacts for the better part of my life. I guess I still can’t quite believe I won’t need them again.

No comments: