Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October Update

Goodness, the last month-ish has flown by. Last post I promised a picture of the finished quite. I only have a picture that I snuck of him wrapped in the quilt, but I still don't have one of just the finished product. He loved it! I'm still just amazed that it got finished. Thanks again mom!!

I started my new job on Aug. 31 with Valero Energy. Since day one I've been running at full speed. I say that as a good thing because it's definitely job security! It's very similar to what I did at Fossil, but VERY different from what I've done so far. This is the largest and most established company I've worked for. With that comes adjustments to approval levels, the luxury of sophisticated systems, etc. My second or third week on the job I was included in the Cowboy kick off game at the Death Star. (aka Jerry World; aka Cowboy Stadium in Arlington) We had VIP parking, suite tickets, and invitations to Miller Lite tailgate party. It. Was. AWESOME!!! I was the only girl in the group, but I held my own. (thanks to my boyfriend explaining football and introducing me to The Ticket)



More pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/marybeth.knight/CowboysGame#


My 30th birthday is coming up this Sunday. 30. Really? 30 used to seem so old and mature. Everyone makes it out to be such a milestone and a big deal. I've not really made a big productions for my birthday and I'm having a hard time making one out of this.

I will say that my boyfriend has planned a fantastic birthday celebration. I'm not sure which one I'm more excited about - him planning something for me, or what we're actually going to do. Eh, either way, it's going to be glorious!! I'll take pictures!

1 comment: