Friday, October 24, 2008

Pam Prank 2008

I am coming up on my first 90 days with my new company, Freeman. Since I joined the team I have met some incredible people and one of those people is my coworker Tommy. See below.



Tommy and I share a sick and childish sense of humor. The image above is a mug I gave him that references one of our favorite TV shows, The Office. If you are familiar with The Office you know the characters Jim and Dwight. Jim likes to play pranks on Dwight. Putting his stapler in a Jell-o mold, moving his desk to the bathroom, convincing him the CIA is recruiting him, etc.

Well, Tommy and I were a little bored on a Friday afternoon. Our boss, Pam, was out of the office until the following Thursday so we decided to play a prank on her. After going through all the possible scenarios and copy cat pranks from The Office, he decided to do this:



Oh sure to the naked eye it’s just a keyboard. But look closely. He rearranged the keys to spell out “You Stink” and we left for the weekend.

Cut to the following week. I’m out of the office all week for an HR conference so Tommy sends me an update:

OK, thought you might like an update on the “Pam prank of 2008”. Remember how I rearranged the keys on her keyboard? Well, she came back yesterday to the office but didn’t get in until after 9 am. I had back-to-back meetings from 9 to 2 pm so I didn’t even see her come in. Evidently she docked her computer and tried to log into her computer using the keyboard, she was looking at the keys and thought she was typing it correctly but (of course) due to my GENIUS it kept registering “wrong password”. Well, she did it three times and got locked out of the system.

She called helpdesk and had them work on her “problem”. Was on the phone with them for over an hour, finally got them to get her into her computer and she tried to send an email to create a ticket on the problem and as she typed it was all garbled. She was still on the phone with helpdesk and neither helpdesk or Pam could understand what the problem was. They finally just said gave up and placed an order for a new keyboard. She went to borrow a keyboard and when she brought it in she noticed that the keys didn’t match. Then all of a sudden she realized she realized hers were messed up – then she screamed, “Tommy did this!!”

When I got back from my meeting she told me the story and I was crying I was laughing so hard. And best of all, this happened on Bosses Day!!!!

Changing the keys on your bosses keyboard – $0

Confusing helpdesk technicians - $0

Making a VP think she’s going insane - $0

Having it all happen on Bosses Day – Priceless…

No comments: