Monday, February 12, 2007

Music that makes me smile

Have you ever heard a song that gets under your skin and moves your soul? Everyone should have at least one song or album that is like comfort food. I made a list to share. Please share your favorites with me!

1. The Rocket Summer - Hello, Good Friend

Hanna introduced me to this band and I fell in love. Every song on the album is absolute perfection. Fun, deep, Christian themes, and just good clean fun.

2. Jack's Mannequin - Everything in Transit

Yes, it's the guy from Something Corporate and he's great! Dark Blue holds a special place in my heart and I will always remember the KY crew when I hear it. Into the Airwaves, The Mixed Tape, and Rescued have taken on new meaning over the past few months. Check them out.

3. Bob Schneider - Lonelyland and I'm Good Now

Both are fabulous albums. Not only is he an amazing singer/songwriter, he's from Texas!! Besides, Bob is the kind of guy you'd just want to grab a beer with.

4. Garden State Soundtrack

Robyn can attest to this--I can listen to this over and over and not get tired of it. Each song was carefully selected by Zach Braff and takes you on a powerful journey.

5. The Last Kiss Soundtrack

Basically the follow up to the Garden State Soundtrack. The original is always a little better, but this still can make me cry and smile in the same song.

6. Blue October - Foiled

In to the Ocean is one of those songs I can't help but sing along. Plus, they're from Texas!

7. Paul Oakenfold - Transport

Back in my rave kid stage, this was my favorite album. I still remember watching Daryell, Evan, Chris, and the guys dancing to this.

8. Blink - 182

Always is probably one of my favorite songs ever. I can listen to on repeat and the video is really cool too.

9. Jimmy Eat World - Futures

I really only like 23 & Drugs or Me from this album. Those two songs are incredible depressing, but are so powerful especially if they are played very loud. :)

10. Lifehouse - Any Album

These guys are truly amazing. Every song seeps in to you and touches you.

11. Honeybrowne

More Texas boys! Texas Angel is really the only song people know by them. Probably for a good reason. But Texas Angel is a song that takes me back to my relationship with Varner. As crazy as we were, that song makes me think of him and smile.

12. Toad the Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea

Something's Always Wrong is amazing. Back in the day, Blockbuster used to rent out videos from MTV. This was one of the first videos I ever saw and the song is still one of my favorites of all time.

13. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Disarm is another one of those songs I still love after 14 years. This is the song that made me want to learn how to play the guitar. It's amazing!

14. Teitur - Poetry & Aeroplanes

Zac introduced me to this guy. I listen to it non stop at work. He is so good! Amanda's Dream, Josephine, and Poetry & Aeroplanes and everything else on the album are such beautiful songs.

No comments: