Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A time to reflect on friends

I just got back from my vacation/reunion with my boys from college. We met 7 years ago and have seen each other through the cliqued "ups and downs." I don't have many memories of college without at least one of them in it... (however fuzzy that memory may be)

We had a blast just hanging at Brandon's, the pool, and all of the strip clubs in a 30 mile radius, golfing, walking on the beach, making up an alias and background story, driving to the beach listening "What you know," (T.I.) on repeat, and laughing that we picked the weekend to visit when it was Black Biker Weekend. Nice.

But the most satisfying part of the trip was knowing that with all of our changes and even losing touch for a while, we're closer than ever. (Though I regrettably had to inform them that at some point in these 7 years, I turned into a girl.)

I'm so blessed to have friends like these!

No comments: