Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back in Texas and already talkin' funny

My dad and I arrived yesterday and the moment I stepped (fell) out of the U-haul, I took a deep breath of hot, fresh, Southern air. It's never been sweeter. We stopped for a BBQ lunch--I'm not a huge fan, but it seemed like the right thing to do. At lunch I heard genuine country gibberish that you only hear from the guy from King of the Hill. (Boomhower or something?).

Along the way, my dad and I had a good time. The cigarette lighters went out so we coldn't power his IPod speakers after only 6 hours of driving. Radio stations from CA to TX as few and far between and mostly Tejano. Since I only speak restaurant kitchen Spanish, that was no good. But we had lots to talk about and here and there we'd get a wireless signal, so we'd IM my mom and sister. I drove almost the entire trip.

So today my mom and I are having a girls day, tonight I have happy hour with my friends, tomorrow I get ready to head out bright and early Fri. I should get into KY by Sat night.

Cross your fingers the truck makes it....

No comments: