Monday, June 21, 2010

Traveling in my 30s

In my 20’s, traveling for work was fun, exciting, and a brag topic among my non-traveling friends. Now, though I still get excited about going somewhere (anywhere) outside of Dallas, I dread the whole traveling process.

Flight delays, cancelations, sleeping in hotel rooms with new noises, rental cars/taxis/public transportation….for some reason that was more tolerable when the excitement of traveling overweighed the headaches.

This week I am traveling to Boston, NY, then DC. A full throttle and efficiently planned week of planes, trains, and taxis/car service.

The night before my DIRECT flight to Boston was scheduled to leave at 9:15am, I got a call from American Airlines. Something like, “Your flight has been canceled. We have rescheduled your itinerary to flight number blah-blah leaving DFW at 11am and arriving at NY LaGuardia then connecting to Boston arriving at 7pm. To accept, press 1. To reject, press 2.”

REJECT!!! REJECT!!!!

Are you kidding? A direct flight I have planned for a month and the best you can do is an 8 hour travel plan??

After a temper tantrum that rivals any my nephew has dreamed of, I managed to get on a direct flight. I’m still annoyed with my arrival time since it is 6 hours later than I originally bought….I’ll take that over connections.

Ugh. Hooray for traveling!

No comments: