Monday, December 24, 2007

Saturdays with Stephanie

This past Saturday, Stephanie and I tried a new club/bar. A guy she knew had table service at a swanky club called Clear. (Table Service: He and his friends dropped $300+ just to have a table at the club, add in the requirement to purchase 2-3 overpriced bottles of liquor, and you have a group of idiots with too much money).



We didn't get 5 feet in the door when I was reminded why I don't go to places like that. Girls in "gownless evening straps" as my mom would say, and guys in expensive designers I can't pronounce. Take 2 more steps - some ginormous black guy walks by and grabs me mumbles something and walks off.



Next we find the friend's table. At the table I see a girl we'll call "Tiffany" that I was friends with in high school, who also made my senior year miserable. If you've ever seen the movie Mean Girls, she was the blond ring leader. So unhappy with her life, that she was vicious to every girl especially those she called friends.



Luckily, "Tiffany" and I, without a spoken word, agreed to ignore each other the entire night. Done and done.

"Tiffany" + models + creepy ginormous guy + expensive everything = MB sticks out like a sore thumb

Then the ginormous black guy reappears. Surprise! He's friends with "Tiffany" and the guy who invited us. Wonderful. Not only is he menacing and terrifying, after a 15 minute (forced) conversation he admitted he remembers me from St. Patty's day. Oh God. I met him back in March after the parade on Greenville. He freaked me out then, and he gave me the heebie geebies when it clicked how I knew this guy. I grabbed Stephanie, and we left immediately. *shudders*

Of course I always have a great time when I'm with Stephanie, but I think we need to stick to going out in familiar territory. No more swanky bars, no more creepy guys, no more unwelcomed reunions.

No comments: