Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I think I've been bamboozled

I think I’ve been bamboozled


I got a letter from this Cambridge Who's Who notifying me that I've been nominated as a successful and ambitious business woman making a difference in the community. How did they know?! ;)



I thought maybe my old boss nominated me – it seemed like something she'd join. So I submitted my application (which was advertised as no cost/fee) and got a phone call today for an interview. I'm thinking it's a really good deal – they're so selective I have to interview to prove my fabulousness!



At the end of the interview, the woman told me I'm fabulous (duh) and what membership package would I like to choose?



Wait, what?



Yup, it's about $800 to join this association. Bwaahhaahhaa, you've got to be kidding me! I just told you I have 4 years of post-college experience…do you really think I have $800 to drop just for funzies? Anyway, apparently she could hear the sticker shock in my voice and continued to bring the price down to finally $99. So now I think it might be a little shady.



I wanted to use it more as a networking tool. Connecting with other professionals to try to find great candidates, brainstorm HR stuff, etc. Maybe Fossil would even pay for it.



What do you think? Has anyone ever done this?



http://www.cambridgewhoswho.com/

No comments: