Thursday, March 23, 2006

Was '98 really that long ago?

I got a bulletin from a HS classmate tonight. Reminding us to sign up to recieve updates about our upcoming 10 year reunion. I just about fell out of my chair.

10 years? Really?

Then I got to thinking about what I've done since graduation (in 98 thank you). I've been to 4 colleges, visited 20 states, moved to 2 new states, made new friends, kept in touch with...well...not really anyone anymore,

have seen several friends/ex's get married, had my heart broken, fallen in love, had the stupid heart broken again...and again...

.. had short hair, had long hair, then short again, dyed it blond, then red, brown, blond, brown,...well, you get the idea....

read countless books, wasted countless hours in front of the TV,

lost myself, then found myself only stronger,

And then I realized that I'm in a good place to start planning for a reunion. Sure I'll see the same people who were always hoping I failed...but I can take it for what it is. Touching base with the people who helped mold me into who I am or who I wanted to be.

In a way I'm still the innocent HS kid with wide eyes and an open heart....just smarter.

No comments: